View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 07:39 PM   #5361
R&B51

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

It sure helps seeing you guys projects and hearing all your advice. I move slow, but it keeps some bursts of momentum going.
I don’t often post, but here’s some pictures. Finished the metal work on the cab. Wow, it took forever, I have a new level of respect when I read about somebody going through this on their own truck now! Most of the floor, bottoms of the A pillars and cowl in and out and rear cab corners but no rust now! Eastwood platinum encapsulator on entire inside (I really like this stuff, it is amazingly tenacious as an encapsulating primer. Just be really careful if you get it on your skin, it will not scrub off). Second skin rubber coating on all the inside of the cab, doors, and four fenders.
Just got the seat back from upholsterer. Late 80s early 90s Chevy bench seat and I cut 4 inches out just to the passenger side of the armrest and welded it all back up before upholstery. It is a really nice thick, soft leather. Same leather, glued to headliner panels and door panels as well. Some scraps left over for miscellaneous in the cabin.
Wanted to get seat foam and upholstery in place to determine finished seat height. Going fab in a 2 x 2 tube floor frame with a slide out drawer to hold all the fuses, engine and transmission, control computers, and electronics and sound system. I sure hope that ends up being a good plan. Just didn’t seem like there was enough room up under that dash for me to get it done and keep the engine bay clean.
I can finally feel like I’m getting some momentum again after all that sheet metal work!
Attached Images

R&B51 is offline   Reply With Quote