View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 02:57 PM   #21
MJN

Re: 1967 GMC K20 " The Kodiak"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnabbitt View Post
It has occurred to me that although I have owned and continue to own many 4x4s, I have never had one from this vintage. I have a lot to learn.

Despite the Original Owner's deep and no doubt personal need for an ammeter, he didn't feel the same way about locking hubs and wasn't about to spend money on them, not when the chicken coop needed new shingles. This truck doesn't have them.

So was this a "full time" four by four? What does that mean exactly for driveability... can I add locking hubs without destroying the originality of the truck? I suppose I don't care, since it has already been shortened.
Just found this thread so late response but....no, its not full time four wheel drive. Lockout hubs were optional but the transfer case is a part-time case. So install some lockouts and thats all you need to do. As is the drivability isn't impacted other than everything up front is spinning creating drag and wearing those parts, just not being powered and you may notice some binding turning sharp.
'72 GMC Sierra Custom K2500- in progress
'08 GMC Envoy Denali
'12 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
'17 GMC Yukon XL
VCCA member #58596
http://www.nohrco.com
MJN is offline   Reply With Quote