View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 09:31 PM   #27
joedoh

Re: Mustang II IFS Ride Quality VS S10 Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by leegreen View Post

kudos to joedough for having a formula that lets him crank out s10 swapped trucks and sell them and keep it going for a decade or more. He clearly knows how much to pay for candidates, knows how far to take each project and what to sell it for.

you want to hear the REALLY BAD NEWS?

1. every single truck i build and sell the new owners are deliriously happy with their trucks. not secretly unhappy about what they paid for, or sad about the ride, or the resale value. its a fact. They send me christmas cards, they send pics out of the blue, they love the trucks and I made friends with every one of them.

2. I never once regretted building any of them. ok maybe the 5spd 41 because no one can drive a stick any more and it took a long time to sell. but it paid for itself!

3. here is the one that will ruffle feathers. I have built and sold about 16 swaps (my memory is fuzzy). if you add up the money from those sales, it probably ECLIPSES even what the big dollar single trucks sell for on Mecum or Barrett Jackson. Avg selling price 13.5k. some a lot more, a few less. X16. $216k. maybe there was a $250k truck that sold. I guarantee I had less in the trucks than that single $250k truck had spent. want to make it all about money? dispute that. I have done this in the time that others have been talking about building their trucks. pauly shore said it, SOTAOT.

stop keyboarding, stop making excuses. build whatever turns your crank and if you are done with it and dont like it you still have plenty of life left to build another one. or build the same one. the thing i love is building, not sitting in my comfy chair throwing rocks at things i dont like, not telling everyone how great its gonna be when i finally pick up the torch. BUILDING. Build it and then start over again. BUILD. Get to it already.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote