Thread: '68 floor pans
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 09:43 AM   #13
68 C10 Driver

Re: '68 floor pans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Banks View Post
68 C10 Driver, I did the same on a truck, outer floor, cab supports, other patches on the floor.

With the outer floor parts and other patch panels that are included with the full floor, you are almost half way to the cost of a whole floor. It seems to me that doing the whole floor will save time, welding, cutting, grinding and I sandblasted the bottom of the cab after doing all the patches.

I'm going to find out this time it it's really less work but about twice the money. I guess I'm not accounting for welding wire, welding gas, sand paper, grinding wheels etc...

The other advantage I see is, knowing the floor doesn't have any more hidden rust, mainly in the boxed support that runs across the back of the cab. But, also between the back of the cab and the floor.
PaulK_C10 has a great video series on YouTube doing floor work on his C10, I think he just patched his, but he does reinforce the cab as if he were replacing the whole floor. Be sure to reinforce your cab before removing the floor!
68 C10 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote