View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 08:16 AM   #7
RoyL

Re: 1965 Front Fender Mounting Plate "Grommets" Can't find any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyL View Post
Well fellas, I can't say what's right here... there was a grommet on one fender and not on the other when I removed them... Based on the fairly large hole in the "fender mounting plate" it kinda made sense that something might be used to locate the lower fender bolt and cushion the fender from being metal to metal. Guy from Truck Shop said to use a 1955-59 chevy truck set that goes to the inner fender. PN 55-06501. http://www.truckandcarshop.com/trucks47_59/t47_056.html
They look pretty much like the inner fender to cab grommets linked above. Maybe we are talking past each other on the location, inner vs outer.

Appreciate the insight on what you've seen on other trucks!
Upon further inspection, the grommet that's there appears to be split to fit in there, did find the other one, it had fallen out and was in the 'bag and tag' box.

Here's photo of the hole, so from the factory, there was nothing used in here? I get you need some wiggle room for fender alignment, but this is a big hole. The aftermarket one I used the picture was from Truck Shop, that hole looks smaller than mine... hmmm. Oh well, I got what I got, so I'll put something similar back in there...

Last edited by RoyL; 12-09-2023 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Add pic
RoyL is offline   Reply With Quote