View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 08:45 PM   #8
samkost

Re: Correct Master Cylinder? Update

I hope this following information may help someone else when trying to replace this specific style of Master Brake Cylinder.
A frustrating and lengthy update about my previous post from late October.
I had ordered an AC Delco Professional Master Brake Cylinder #18M1036 from Amazon.com
Waiting 2 months I called Amazon to see what the delay was.
Turns out the AC Delco part was not in stock with no update/communications, just a pending on my bank account.
I then called AC Delco customer support and was told the parts would be available mid December.
A week ago, Amazon then shipped the part only to find out the wrong master cylinder part was in the correctly labeled AC Delco box.
I returned the part to Amazon and then ordered from Summit when assured from their Technical support that the photo of the master shown on their web site photo was indeed the correct part depicted.
Received that Summit part yesterday in the AC Delco packaging only to see another incorrect master cylinder.
It’s being returned also.
Calling AC Delco/GM Parts customer support again to find out why a different style of master brake cylinder from two different vendors were wrong, they passed the buck and said to contact Amazon and Summit to correct. Unreal.
I emphasized that the wrong parts are being sent in the correct labeled boxes.
They disagreed and said to order directly from The GM/AC Delco web site.
I found out that you cannot order from their web site and have to order from a GM dealership.
So now I’m waiting for an answer from the dealership to confirm if this style of replacement brake part is even still available.
Here are some photos to describe what I have under the hood presently and what has been delivered twice so far.
Twice two wrong parts delivered from two different vendors in the proper labeled boxes.
Maybe third time delivered is the charm. God I hope so
Attached Images

1972 C10 LWB
2020 Z71 Tahoe
samkost is offline   Reply With Quote