View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 01:10 AM   #8
samkost

Re: Correct Master Cylinder

My hard pedal was due to the restorations shops failure of installing the wrong short piston rod between the master and the new booster.
I later replaced it with the correct longer rod.
I gained my brakes back but still need to replace the older master and bleed the system anew.
Yes the parts are made in China, says so on the AC Delco labeled packaging.
Their customer service said that they are American made. Untrue.
The customer service personnel need to be better informed.
I gave them my 1972 C10 VIN # for the correct replacement part search and they said my VIN was incorrect not enough characters
Internet vendors, Amazon, Summit Racing, Rock Auto and others show my OE style photos on their web sites (an old generic photo array?). One of several pictures shown on the internet show the bottom of the master stamped “made in the U.S.A”. That’s why I believe the photos are old examples and not current.
One AC Delco Technician that I sent my photos to, agrees with me that there might be two possibilities:
1. The newly stocked wrong parts were misboxed and packaged with the correct parts numbered boxes.
Or,
2. They replaced the OE style with this new replacement (different model) of Master Brake Cylinder.
He believes that they are misboxed. The main Customer service denies this theory.
The wrong or newer Master part is only stamped with a “S” on the bottom of the part. No other casting numbers are present. Strange.

I will report back and see if the dealer will come through with the original style master, I’m not holding my breath .
You did raise a good point though, what is the correct bore that I need.
I was told that a 1” bore is correct.
I would appreciate any input from the forum here to chime in and assist myself and others about a correct choice of an aftermarket replacement Master Brake Cylinder.
Thanks for your input volksworld

1972 C10 LWB
2020 Z71 Tahoe

Last edited by samkost; 12-20-2023 at 01:15 AM.
samkost is offline   Reply With Quote