View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 11:35 AM   #132
Vic1947

Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Nice score on the axles. Hope you get to feeling better Vic! You’ve got a gang of people that I know will be willing to help you complete this project if needed, me being one of you ever need anything.
Thanks, Scott - I always appreciate your help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
Take care of that leg, we want to be following your builds for a long time. Speaking of your builds, I was watching the Mecom auction last night when your 57 Chevy wagon came through. I thought they didn't spend enough time describing it but even so it did bring pretty good money.
What a coincidence. We happened to tune into MotorTrend Fast TV last night just as the Mecom Full Throttle episode was airing. I asked Kathy if she thought they might show the wagon and lo and behold, they aired a clip of it. Unfortunately, during the auction they cut to commercial as the car rolled across the block so there was just the small bit you mentioned. The live stream of the auction had quite a bit more of the action, but without any commentary. Jon Kramen mistakenly said the car had Lambo front doors. Actually, I suicided the rear doors using a kit from Scissor Doors in Nova Scotia. Guess he saw the name and made the assumption. We were happy with the outcome. First time I've ever broke even on a build.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote