View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 03:22 PM   #457
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: The build date project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
I've been thinking about that for a couple days now.

I gotta go with "climate friendly".

Flint produced vehicles at 60 to 70 per hour, two shifts. That's one completed vehicle every minute of every working day.

Most of the other plants were in the mid 30's or 40's per hour (45 is typical).

I think you are seeing the attrition of vehicles produced in Flint that gave their lives in the salty midwest.

K
Sounds right. The data shows Freemont produced about 10K Chevy in March 1972. That's around 30 an hour, but excludes GMC. The Flint plant must have been huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402Bowtie View Post
A majority of the Fremont dates are from build sheets, which I think is most of the reason why Fremont shows up on our list more than any other factory. When compared to Flint, for example, many of the door stickers that I come across are simply not added to the list because they don't add any build date value (ie. an April door sticker for a serial number that falls between two other known April serial numbers--i don't add the middle serial number to the list).
Not following you, considering the factory is noted by the VIN. I did notice the records show lots of month/day/year build dates for 1972 Freemont though, but few or no day for 1972 Flint.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 01-03-2024 at 03:30 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote