View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 07:48 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Re: Mountain Find - 1970 GMC K2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinjay View Post
Thanks! I'm pretty excited about this one. If i am reading the SPID correctly, this truck came with the pin stripe option. If so, would it still have the lower trim? I wonder if he ordered the custom camper for the HD rear springs to tow big trailers?
The Custom Camper option was the nameplate-only but the option demanded HD springs that could be ordered on any truck. The pinstripe option would have no effect on the side trim, other than a CST which got the upper trim as an included option. All Custom trim trucks got black accent lower trim and rear end trim including the trim across the bottom of the tailgate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
As a tangential aside, I don't see the tool box (VK2) listed as an option for Chevrolet pickups in 1970 but do see this available for 71. Was a tool box an option in 1970?
That was available in 71/72
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
Awesome truck. Gotta be a special order. Dark gold only offered with black and sandalwood interior colors by the book. Also, it's a Z62 with a floor carpet option. The whole thing is kinda crazy. And I love it.
As we've seen in so many cases, any interior/exterior color combination was possible. And there are many cases that show exceptions to what is stated in the dealer order books. For instance, my '71 book states that only a painted front bumper was available on K-models and that is not at all the case

Dark and medium gold poly '70. A handsome color combination
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-11-2024 at 07:54 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote