View Single Post
Old 01-15-2024, 01:46 PM   #321
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Looking great, all your dark saddle pieces match pretty well, did you paint the dash pad? Any idea what your upolstry people used material wise? Is it available? brand? Color?
Thank you! It was a lot of effort.

I wanted dark saddle everything, but usually you get dark brown, brown or a different tinge of dark saddle whenever you order something online.

I went to Top Flight Automotive and ordered their corvette dark saddle vinyl paint and painted door panels, dash pads, boots and anything else that it worked on. I also took that vinyl paint/dye and had some auto paint matched from it. I painted the column, and all interior seat brackets with this and then clear coated everything. Fyi, Rustoleum crystal clear paint was far superior to the expensive auto paint I had purchased.

The carpet is ACC dark saddle, and the seat material is 72 dark saddle from SMS auto fabrics in Canby, OR. Sadly, the seat belts I ordered do not match very well... not sure what the plan there is yet. I didn't want to try and refurbish old belts, or pay for it to be done so the options are not great.
Attached Images