Thread: 55.2-59 Accelerator/Throttle Pedal?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 12:30 PM   #8
leegreen

Re: Accelerator/Throttle Pedal?

Here is a picture of one in my '52. This came from about a '78 c10, but I think the same basic pedal was used for many years.
I had to modify the mount a bit, I forget the specifics, but I think it was drilling out so I could use bolts in all three holes and cutting some stud off the back. Then I bent everything to get the pedal where I wanted it and to line the upper end up behind the carb (inline 6) .
The C10 cable was used, plastic sheath from firewall to mount on intake, cut to length. Cable shortened to fit, I just wrapped it around the throttle arm and back through a crimp made from a short section of nichrome brake line. if that ever fails I'll make a little crimp on clevis more like factory linkage, but I expect it will last for a long time as is.

It did take a little measuring and head scratching to get pedal location and resting height, full carb travel and pedal travel to floor to all agree, but I think you face that even with the fancy billet stuff.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  48.1 KB

It would not be hard to fabricate an entire assembly along these lines, some rod, sheetmetal and a pedal from something. There is just some plastic at the pivot in the mount

Last edited by leegreen; 01-18-2024 at 01:00 PM.
leegreen is online now   Reply With Quote