View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 04:23 AM   #22
Richard

Re: Auto City flush mount glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom 68 View Post
Yes I believe that would sum it up. It gives a more "modern" look and I believe will be less likely to leak. I have a theory it will also be quieter. The Fesler is very reputable but also very expensive, this Autoglass sounds like it may be problematic but more affordable. I am kindof on the edge as I do need to replace mine due to some leaks, I am also curious about going back to the non trim version, the trim adds a level of difficulty as well.
Dave
Maybe look into adding the butyl sealant used by the factory at the corners. I installed my original 72 deluxe windshield after repaint by myself (wife helped setting on truck). Not as difficult as some say with the right tools and some knowledge. I used OEM trim and have some experience from my dad with auto glass, so I have that going for me. FWIU front aftermarket trim does not fit well.
Kind of do not mind cost of Fesler windshield myself. They can charge what they want as the product is "unique". It is the extra work and detail on the inside to make it look right that worries me. If doing a full custom interior I guess that would not matter.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote