View Single Post
Old 02-08-2024, 11:10 AM   #433
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
I like the way you ran your exhaust. I'm definitely interested to hear it as well. I put Black Widows on mine and I am surprised by how little exhaust note I can hear from inside the truck. It's actually a bit disappointing. I currently have almost no sound deadening, carpet, firewall insulation, etc. so I do get a lot of engine/trans/road noise in the cab. I wonder if sound deadening like you did will help eliminate all the unwanted noise and let you hear the exhaust out the tailpipes a bit more.
I definitely did a lot of sound deadening. If you recall I did the inner roof structure as well, and fill the B-pillars with some of the extra under carpet material to kill sound and to keep the areas near the rear window from oil canning. Im crossing my fingers that its pretty quiet and heat-free from the exhaust. If it isnt I think Im going to lose my mind from the effort and cost it took to do all of this I did do my 84 similar and I will say I hear little to no transmission and engine noise, just the exhaust, I have the same mufflers on that truck, but it is a 454 truck.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote