View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 02:24 AM   #12
BigRandy

Re: eBay Quadrajet Carbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I would stay clear of ebay unless you are very knowledgeable on Qjets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304646959851
I am not very swift on Q-jets but the one I got actually looks good, and it's all the same color - if that means anything. It doesn't look cobbled together and the seller said it worked when he pulled it from his K5 Blazer. It's one of the cleanest looking used carbs I've seen.

I know eBay is a crap shoot, like trying to buy quality jewelry from a street vendor, but it appears clean with no corrosion that I can see, and everything is intact including the electric choke.

I'm going to get the book mentioned in the link above but at the moment my truck is missing a radiator. Mine started leaking like a shower head and I found an old school radiator shop that is going to check it out. I already dropped it off but the guy isn't very optimistic about it. In addition to 7 or so big leaks it's got corrosion where the tubes meet the tank. He said they are high pressure leaks and every tube has them. I'm 99% sure I'll end up getting another one.