View Single Post
Old 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM   #171
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

For the passenger side head, I wanted to keep the mechanical temperature gauge, this required the head to be drilled and tapped a bit larger for the temperature gauge fitting.
I used a bit of grease to help catch the shavings, but I cleaned it up for the pics.
That’s all the further I was able to get yesterday

Back to the pushrod measurements. When I placed the adjustable pushrod into the lifter cup and adjusted it up to the rocker that was torqued down to 22ft# I adjusted to zero lash (no up and down against pushrod or valve stem, but a little side to side movement) I measured 7.3105, that plus the recommended lifter preload of .080 I come up with 7.3905. Very close to the 7.4 recommended by Texas Speed.
Stock pushrods measure 7.3970. When I install the rockers I will check again using another method by counting how far the rocker arm bolt turns before proper torque is reached. I don’t plan to use the stock push rods, but the length is very close, and should work well for a final check before ordering new ones.
Attached Images