View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 10:55 AM   #15
dsraven

Re: s10 suspension in an AD pickup.

welders series has a contact number. if possible, I would contact them and ask if they have an upgrade kit for the upper control arm pivot where they bolt onto the frame bracket. their advertised kit shows the older style mount where the shaft is bolted to the frame bracket with T bolts and is adjusted for camber etc by the slots in the frame brackets. this is ok but some with this style have said that when the front wheel hits a pot hole or whatever those T bolts can move slightly and that puts the alignment outta whack. the newer style mounts have a vertical bracket there and shims are used behind the control arm pivot shaft for alignment, which is better in my opinion, like a lot of newer vehicles use. doing a quick google search I found that TCI has a pic on their site that shows the newer style. don't get me wrong, there are lots of the older style ones driving around out there working just fine. I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to ask or, if you and your shop fella think it better, shop around or modify the welders series one to be like the newer style ones that may be stronger. depending on what you plan to put up there for weight it may be in your best interests. like a big block engine in a heavy vehicle might be a lot for those T bolts to hold up. just thought it something to ask about. your hotrod shop fella likely has a view he can explain to you.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote