View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 11:06 AM   #442
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

I have realized I haven't really touched on the engine I built for the truck. I built this engine in late highschool/early college, working out of a "How to" book. From what the guys I bought it from said, it is a early 70s 350 block out of something like a Chevelle. Low miles, was torn apart in the mid-late 70s and the owner moved to a big block. So it sat covered in ATF in a bag for a long time. Original cross hatch still in the block. I took it to my engine guy, had it tanked and checked, looked good. So I built it with a used crank. I kept it at stock bore, hypereutectic pistons (stock rods), Lunati Voodoo cam (mild), a set of later stock 350 heads that were equipped with large stainless valves, and some basic COMP cams roller tip stock style rockers. I had started with a vintage Edelbrock Performer intake, which ended up being super warped and not worth the machining needed (it was blowing out the sides of the carb flange!). So I moved over to an Edelbrock Air-Gap intake. A local shop named Bad Company (like the band) helped me break it in on a run stand after I finished assembly.

Name:  1F2BD793-.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  52.6 KB Name:  4BE98DC8-.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  55.0 KB
Name:  AAEC91E3-.jpg
Size:  50.9 KB Name:  41CFBA1D-.jpg
Size:  50.3 KB

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote