View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 09:50 AM   #243
raggedjim

Re: I am from the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
well no birthdays this weekend....but lyrics from a old Dionne Warwick song...''Thats What Friends are For" about 15 neighbors and friends from town gather for coffee every Sunday (all have hot rods and classics I instigated this gathering 2 years ago by putting a note in their mailboxes after noticing their cars in their driveways some I had never met before we all have this common thread lets meet for coffee ) on Saturday I sent a text out and 6 showed up we set the bed back on horses with the intention of backing the truck under after coffee on Sunday..... At this stage in my life its those little things that are very meaningful this event not so little to some, even me.....so Sunday after coffee 8 of my FRIENDS showed at the house and we got the bed on measured straight behind the cab side to side bolted down( I hid the bolts, the ones that attach the bed to the frame ) fuel filler neck screwed in DONE FINISHED COMPLETE ....in maybe hour and a half or less. After everyone went home I started putting all the tools drills tape measure squares and yes duct tape away I realized the task was complete I didn't have any part of this left to do MY friends did it all everyone took a part in this like we all worked as a team for years the only regret I have is I didn't get a picture of everyone huddled around admiring what we all accomplished ...another iconic at least for me lyric "Thanks for the memories" Bob Hope ..two of my neighbors owned their own bodyshops for decades finally sold out one said "call me this week ill help you install the fenders im home with time on my hands " last night as I sat gloating to myself not sure that's the word I want but Im very thankful I sent out a text to thank them and let them know how grateful I am one said You started this Cars and Coffee your stuck with us just like the members of this board great community lots of good people .... to be continued
Man, that's a great idea. Since I have retired I have been a bit isolated. I usually end up trying to do things by myself but there are times I could use a couple of buddy's to help, and I'm more than willing to help someone else. I may have to hit up a few mailboxes!

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote