Thread: Wiper switch
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 07:38 PM   #11
ShinyC10

Re: Wiper switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_mcavoy View Post
It's the same basic procedure but with a change in the connection points.

As you know, when checking for power, you clip the lead from your test light (or black multimeter probe) to a known good ground. Then touch the test light probe (or red multimeter probe) to the point in the circuit where you're testing for power.

To check a ground, you clip the lead from your test light (or red multimeter probe) to a known power source (could be the positive battery terminal or a terminal in the fuse box that you have already verified to have power). Then touch the test light probe (or black multimeter probe) to the point in the circuit where you're testing for ground. The test light will light up (or multimeter indicate system/battery voltage) if the point you're testing has a good ground.

I moved a ground wire in the new harness on the motor side to line up with the original switch side harness and now the wipers work BUT do not turn off when the switch is in the off position. I’m getting closer! Currently, the brown and grey wire are not in use. I moved the ground wire on the left connector “up” one slot.
Attached Images

Last edited by ShinyC10; 02-22-2024 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Left out details
ShinyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote