View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 12:04 AM   #169
Roostre

Re: Roostre's 1967 C20

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
As for Chrome, I'm not sure if there was a Deluxe or Custom trim option where the front end trim parts were chromed at the Factory, or Dealers' aftermarket?
I know a lot of hot rodders were doing that with those parts when the Action Line Series Trucks were not that old. Chrome headlamp bezels are even shinier than anodized aluminum. And the D-section steel Chicken Lips became scarce when the chroming fad got underway.

The problem wih my 3-Door Sub is that I mismanaged my insurance. I should never have claimed on an engine fire. Their adjuster looked at it [in 1998] and decided it was just a ''POS'' and I got peanuts for my claim and a Salvage Title. Needs new powerplant and drive train. Dana 44 front end from a '71 [+ Later] Blazer and rebuilt 12-Bolt rear end are both needed. Paint, interior need work. Front bench seat is OK. Glass is OK. New rubber seals needed. I want to convert a Squarebody backseat 60/40 fold down like HO455's Working Mans' Burban. It had a 454/TH350/NP205. I have a '63 292 core.
A 700R4 trans w/ OD sounds good. And keep the NP205. I also have an SM465/T221 core. It's a basket case, but an Arizona truck rust-wise.
Insurance adjustors can be tough. I had a small fire from a lightening strike on my previous house. The adjustor came out and made an offer. Thankfully, I showed it to my contractor and he said give me the guy's name and number. He then went to bat and got a much more realistic settlement and my house got put back together perfectly without me having to do any fighting. I really appreciate that contractor.

At least you have a solid, Arizona rust body you're working with. As you can see in my build, Minnesota rust is no joke!
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote