View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 06:10 PM   #284
68bowtie

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
2023 was an awful year for EV's.
They grew 45%

I understand no one want's to be told what to do.
My belief is Efficiency will prevail in the end.
Remember the mandate was for cars, not trucks.
There are a lot of people that EV's do work for.

And if you live in an area were it gets below 0 deg F you shouldn't have an elect car as your only transportation.
If you can't charge at home maybe an elect car isn't for you.

No oil changes, no O2 sensors, no exhaust, no radiator, no fuel injectors, no engine air cleaner, no plugs or wires, no transmission, so it can't fail. Brakes last for over 100K because 95% of the regeneration slows the car and they are not needed. The list goes on.

One thing a ICE car can not do it turn a down hill back to fuel. Elect vehicles do this with ease. So even if a ICE car was 95% efficient, and they are closer to 20%, the elect vehicle would be more efficient because the ability to turn potential energy into fuel.
The more you drive the more the price per mile goes down.

No one want to pay more to travel than required.

Car and Driver found: So, by our calculations this makes the electric F-150 $2664 cheaper to own and operate over the first three years than its gas counterpart—and that’s without the tax credit. With it, it’s a substantial $10,164 less in three years of driving.
Plus, as the years progress the lower costs of operating an electric vehicle (fuel and maintenance) continue to accrue.
So is owning an EV cheaper in the long run? All signs point to possibly. Maybe. Sometimes. But as we said, at this point in time, it’s complicated.
These are good logical points and I agree. Also, as more (and faster) charging stations become more common, and as prices get more competitive, new buyers will continue to choose EV’s.

Survivor "Lil’ Mint" (67 c10 40k mile light green original paint)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD