View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 11:06 AM   #5394
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Looks great Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Perfect
Thanks guys. All three of us do this same thing, so know the value in using whatchu got and the gratification from the results.

I'm a scavenger, too. Last week, at the end of the lane of the farmhouse I'm working on, and out by the road were the turned wood head and foot boards to a full size bed free for the taking. What a coincidence, because in the past couple weeks I decided a full size bed in one of my bedrooms could use a replacement. It has a few issues. I hauled the pieces home, looked up on one of my lumber racks for a pair of oak bedrails I wasn't sure I still had, and there they were. Filthy and needing a little work but usable, with hardware compatible with the head and foot. One thing the sideboards need are three of the four curvy pieces on the ends that help keep the bed from racking. I went to my 3-4' lumber stash and there was just the piece of oak I needed to make four new ones with a few inches left over
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote