View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 06:47 PM   #15
dieseldawg142

Re: Any one experiened what a new reroofing costs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
I don’t know how big your roof is but, $3000 doesn’t sound like a lot of money to re roof your house.
I typically don’t comment of the price of things. I strongly believe a man is worthy of his wages.

I would agree that covid is not the reason everything is extremely high.. it’s not just gas/petroleum. I’d suggest that it’s not just greed from oil companies. I remember ships sitting in the ocean with cargo onboard for long periods of time.
I also remember I was one of the very few guys in my trade that was able to continue to work.
It wasn’t the greedy oil companies that shut them down.
It was the greed of power.
There has been a lot of dopeyness going on for a few years now and I’m not talking just about “covid” since you brought it up.
I don’t want to pretend it’s all on the oil companies.
unfortunately i don't live in a mansion... my house is 1000 sq ft, or about 15 sq of roofing.
any roof the material costs are about 1/3 to half the cost of the job. labor is where the real money kicks in. it's a real physical job and the end result has to last 25-30 yrs without fail, that kind of expertise is not cheap...
shingles cost me $1500 (i buy them thru my bosses account, he gets a discount, $100 per square) and about 8 sq was a strapped deck that i had to sheet with 25 sheets of plywood (approx $750). also spent about $100 on new vents and stacks. the other $5-600 was for torch-on for my garage.
i too believe a man is worth his wages, but i'm not gonna charge myself for doing my roof
and half to disagree to agree about the oil companies. our material costs have literally doubled in the last couple years. we had no supply shortages of our petro based products, but we did have a shortage of roof insulation, that is 4x8 phenolic panels. been roofing since 1980 and have never seen our prices go as crazy as they have last couple yrs. and the petro we use in our products is "bottom of the barrel", so someone somewhere is making a lot of money off the lousiest oil left after refining
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote