View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 07:37 PM   #4
dmjlambert

Re: Clock is Ticking - Where to Start?

For me it was rebuild engine and brakes first. I had a local engine guy rebuild the 350, and a local transmission shop rebuild the transmission. I did not need any suspension work and steering worked although it was power steering and the power steering box leaked enough to be annoying. I drove it. I got around to replacing the seals on the power steering box with help from a post by Tx Firefighter. I also got around to using disc/drum brakes and rally wheels from a 71 that I bought from a member here on the parts forum, and got that done.

My intention was to have an old truck as a daily driver and I have not cared to touch the body other than to patch parts that were letting rain in, but I feel when I do some good stuff to the body I'm going to use the paint methods landarts shows in this thread and touch it up. Keep as much as I can of the original paint and blend in color match paint. This is an inspiring thread, I recommend have a look. https://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vbo...d.php?t=795414

It depends on your goals, so give us a feel on whether you want to have gleaming new fancy paint, or mostly original paint and polish what's there? Do you want to do burn outs and race, or want daily driver and work truck?

Last edited by dmjlambert; 03-31-2024 at 08:08 PM.
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote