View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 08:54 AM   #183
Roostre

Re: Roostre's 1967 C20

I bought a new spool of welding wire, so I was able to finish patching my passenger's side kick panel and firewall. As I said in the last post, the patch for the kick panel wasn't large enough to replace all the rusty parts, so I had to make a small patch out of some left over pieces of the driver's side kick panel. I need to grind down all of the welds yet, but I think it turned out ok, especially for a guy who had never done this before and has no idea what he's doing.

Unfortunately, I've fallen back into my habit of working away and not getting any pictures while I do. I need to get better about that. Here are a few after pictures and one of some of the rust I removed.

Up next I will be removing the floor. I'll fit the new floor so I can put in lower A and B pillar patches on both sides. Then I'll do final installation on the floor. I'm waiting on final floor installation for a couple of reasons. First, I ordered a patch panel for the passenger's side lower A pillar and that hasn't arrived yet. I want to have the lower pillars patched before I install the floor permanently. Second, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a little because I think I'm going to use structural adhesive on the floor where it attaches to the fire wall and the rear of the cab. I'm leaning towards 3M 7333. It is an impact resistant structural adhesive, and it looks like a better product for this area than the panel adhesive I used on the roof skin. If course, this all depends on how well the aftermarket replacement floor fits my old cab. If it doesn't fit well, I'll have to scrap the adhesive idea and go back to spot welding to be able to better pull it into place.
Attached Images

Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote