View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 12:09 AM   #119
cericd

Re: Project O.G. - My First Ever Build

Thanks Ben! Yours is certainly one to aspire to. I really like rolling around in a "time capsule" so to speak and I get my fair share of thumbs up and comment's like, "what year is it?", or "my dad ...". Although, I actually thought they would be more common from the way the guys on the forum talk. Lol.

Speaking of the bumper, I believe we have the same one. Mine is also from D&D Bumper Works Seguin. The dealership is Carlisle Chevrolet in Waxahachie. Evidently it was the oldest Chevy dealership in Texas and was was still operating as Carlisle up until sometime in the last couple years (the wife and I drove past it, while it was still Carlisle, on one of our trips back to TX from CO). It's now called Legacy Chevrolet. Unfortunately the bumper isn't original to my truck. I was given what the owner believed to be the original bumper when I purchased the truck. It is a white step "safety" bumper from Cline Industries in Oklahoma which makes sense since my truck was originally purchased in Paris, TX. It doesn't have a dealership name stamped into it and I don't prefer the shape of it. Maybe one day I'll restore it and use it instead but I really wanted a dealer stamped bumper like the ones I grew up seeing in the 70's and 80's in TX. By the way, what silver paint did you use on you rear bumper? Mine is faded black with what appears to be a reddish primer underneath. All the ones I saw as a kid were silver.

We moved back to the same city, Tomball, that we lived in prior to our move to Denver.

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote