View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 05:42 PM   #19
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Correct Master Cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkost View Post
Just trying to replace my current 50 year+ set up which worked flawlessly before the restoration shop mishaps.
I also want to maintain the current original cast iron proportioning valve.
Having several forum members here post responses to my questions,
I have been told that this AC Delco/GM part # 18M1036 master cylinder is the correct replacement for my 72’ C10 with SPID code J70 Hydro Brake Booster, with original front disc/rear drum.
Unfortunately the O.E. replacement parts are not readily available anymore and AC Delco has replaced the older 2 bail design with the single style bail.
I may go with a Corvette or Camaro style master (deep bore) brake cylinder.
My booster came from P.O.L. I will try them for a compatible master cylinder.

Still waiting for the local GM dealership to locate an older master replacement.
If the master cylinder worked before I would disassemble it and inspect the bore. If it isn't pitted or scored then get a rebuild kit and install it. There are numerous videos on how to do rebuild a master cylinder. It's a pretty easy job.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote