View Single Post
Old 05-12-2024, 04:00 PM   #4
Grounded63

Re: Paint booth ideas

I have a decent sized shop. And, will prime "open air". With pretty clean results, which I believe is due to the larger size. It just doesn't disturb the overall air volume of the shop. To kick up dust/lint while spraying.

If your priming in a smaller area. And, priming smaller stuff. Choke the gun up some and don't spray with it wide open. You'll disturb less of the surrounding area, and have less over spray to deal with.

I've enclosed areas with clear plastic sheeting before, for painting. If you feed your enclosure with filtered air. Any gaps or openings you've missed will be pressurized with filtered air. Rather than being able to draw in unfiltered air. And, being a plastic sheet enclosure, it'll kinda keep it inflated.

If your spraying with ISO containing clears/sealers/primer. Make sure you're getting fresh make up air. Wearing a quality respirator. And changing the filters frequently. Like every 8hrs of air exposure or less. There's a reason they come in foil lined packaging. If you leave your respirator laying on the work bench overnight. They're done for ISO protection, change the filters.

Last edited by Grounded63; 05-12-2024 at 04:20 PM.
Grounded63 is offline   Reply With Quote