View Single Post
Old 05-21-2024, 12:18 AM   #10
RustyPile

Re: Replacement fuel tank questio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auston View Post
Thank you sir. I read somewhere that unless your truck was built in California, it wouldn’t have the emissions stuff. I knew that was somewhat of a joke, but thought for sure this truck wouldn’t have it. Guess that’s what I get for not doing my research
That is somewhat true, but not always the case. Starting around 69 - 70, "tight" emission controls started showing up on passenger cars and some light trucks. California vehicles have always had the most stringent systems.. The other states requirements traditionally trail California by a couple years. For instance, I think the first year for PCV systems in California was around 1957.. That system didn't show up in other states until around 1962 - 63..

Just like in football, there are "armchair quarterbacks" on the internet.. With these old trucks there is much misinformation on the internet, but just because you read it there, doesn't make it true..

This is why for the most part, I don't go first to the internet when shopping for parts.. If I have doubts about a part, I take the old one with me and compare it to the new one..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote