View Single Post
Old 05-22-2024, 12:19 PM   #173
gottattooz

Re: 1967 buick special wagon

Well I got the new windshield installed and it didn't even last for the drive home. Obviously I'm upset that I just spent $400 and I was thinking about the level of incompetence of the installer and quality of the glass, etc, etc. But I had to go to work so I was kind of just stuck with it (although it felt nice not having all the wind in my face). When I got home and took the picture in the driveway, I noticed the dimensions of the windshield channel area all over the place, and that's not the glass installers fault. It cracked right down the center because the bottom of the windshield was resting on the pin that holds the clips for the stainless trim.

When I replaced the windshield channel, I didn't have any template or measurements to go off off, so it did cross my mind that it might be an issue, although I thought the channel would be larger than the glass instead of closer, but I take full responsibility for the breakage. Thankfully the Crack is top to bottom in the center of the glass, so it doesn't obstruct my view.

Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote