View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 12:06 AM   #13
breeh
Recovering 67-72 Addict

Fast, I know that you have more experience than most with these trucks but I can tell you (I probably have approx, 10 more years playing with old Chevy's than you, just a function of age) that there are no absolutes when it comes to Chevy products. The data book may state that there are no 4:10/4:11 combos but I can guarantee you that if Ma Bell wanted to order 100 4 wheel drive stepsides with that gear ratio then they would get it. The collection of real world truck data from this era is what makes us all smarter. The General printed the data but just like today, the print shop and the production line didn't always agree. I can tell you, this closed knuckle front end has factory 4:11's. This truck's history has been documented since conception. The point of this response is just to tell you.......be open to the possibility....

"Friends call me cruzer cuz I like fast cars and fast women"
breeh is offline   Reply With Quote