Thread: DANA 60 value?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #4
1969 GMC

It is a GM dually, right? If so, the front axle will bolt right in. Brake fittings and all that may be a little different, as I forget when they switched SAE to metric.

The only downside to a dually dana 60 is the hubs (EDIT: I mean bearing hubs, not locking hubs), which push the wheels out farther. There are a few things you can do about this...just run the hubs and have the wheels stick out from your front fenders, which isnt recommended, it may hit stuff. You can buy a set of hubs from a SRW dana 60, which will put the wheels in the right place, but these are expensive. I'm talking $400-$500 for both. Or, you could run hummer wheels, which have like 5" of offset, or any other wheel with such a large amount of offset.

The rear axle is worth some cash, but it depends if it is a dana 70 or a 14 bolt. The dana 70 is too wide to be used in anything but a dually, unless you want to cut it down and have custom axleshafts made. 14 bolts are narrower IIRC, and since its a one ton, either rear axle will also bolt right up under a 67-72 4x4, the spring perches are in the correct locations.

I agree with drink on pricing, but it depends on what condition the axles are in. if they work, the front should be 800-900, and the rear around 200 or so. The front axle would be worth more $$ if it was the single wheel version, but i'd still snatch em up
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote