View Single Post
Old 06-21-2002, 01:00 PM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

Here is my experience with the same board member, but once I made this public he accuses me of being "pissy" about the entire thing and drug my name through the mud every chance he got.

I will very briefly describe for the rest of the board so both sides of the story will be known. Up until this point I have not posted this publicly out of respect for the other parties invovled, but enough is enough.

Fast68Chevy advertised something for sale (a pair of rust-free, dent-free doors) I offered to either buy him a new digital camera (his idea, not mine), and have it shipped to his door as a trade, or buy the doors outright and pay the shipping. Once he realizes that I am serious about the doors, he then makes excuses why he cant sell or ship them. He said that the doors were already spoken for by another member....so why were they posted for sale??? He knew I was needing these doors and for over a week lead me on to believe that they were mine if I wanted them.

Oh well, I was warned by other members of how he sometimes conducts business, (promising parts to someone, but then either scrapping them or selling them to someone else) but I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt and try to help him out with some cash for school. I really needed those doors and I am all for helping someone out, especially when they are going to use the help to better themselves. Sure, I can find some doors here locally and not have to worry about paying alot of shipping, but I thought I could help two different folks out -I needed the doors and he needed the cash. I did not lose any money on the deal, so its not a big deal there..but feel that this is not the correct way to conduct business. Its the principle of the entire thing....and the fact that I have been accused publicly of doing something WRONG. So much for trying to be a Good Samaritan.

Sorry to be so blunt, but i call it like I see it. I am not calling for a "I hate Randy" follow-up either, just wanted others to know how business is sometimes conducted.

Last edited by Shane; 06-22-2002 at 11:58 AM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote