Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #279
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
For every "LS swap everything" guy that screams about how great the 'no-leak' LS swap candidates are vs. the old 'leaky sbc', I hear a real world admission that what do you know.... LS motors can leak as well.

Bummer it happened. But, better now vs. w/the body installed.
Thanks man. And anyone who says that ain't all there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Are you just doing single bursts for the weld & then moving along after each previous spot cools? Kind of looks like that. Appears clean & seems like you got decent penetration.
I went through a couple different scenarios welding the pipe. Pipe to Pipe I welded it together like single burst tacking sheet metal. For pipe to flange however, I was able to hit high on previous weld and drag the puddle. And I was dragging the puddle equivalent to 2-3 spot welds. Great penetration this way through the thicker flange but not burning through the thinner pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
What are you welding your exhaust with? I was planning on using my MIG with the C25 mix (same as for steel) with stainless wire. From what I've read, it won't be the prettiest weld, but it's exhaust so I'm not going for a perfect weld.
I ended up using my mig with mild steel .025 wire. I plan to paint the welds with high temp paint. I was buying mild steel pipe but the SS was same price.....

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote