View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #40
justcuz

Re: Where's the 3/4 ton love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Found some more pics of the tan truck. The thing I really dig about this truck, besides the perfectly authentic patina, or original color scheme with blackwall tires, tinted windows, and side trim, is that this is one of the straightest trucks I have ever seen. Despite the obvious lack of pampering, there is hardly a ding in it. And not even a hint of what I call the "broken back" syndrome, which is so common in these old trucks. It's got the feeling sort of like an old man that could still kick your ass.

- Question: what's better for you guys that are interested, posting a million pics on this forum and hogging space, or providing a link to an independent photo hosting site? Thanks
So you have a saginaw 3 spd with overdrive now and 4.10 gears? Did you swap out the rear end or just the drop out in the Eaton. I like the 60 through 62's because they had the torsion bar front ends, the ball joints on those front ends are beefy. The broken back syndrome you refer to, was that caused by the 3/4 ton rear cab mounts? I know the 3/4 tons had a different mount that was not as durable as the 1/2 ton rear cab mounts.

Rideblue00, my Mom lives over in Temperance, nice truck, you did not find that in Michigan did you?
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote