View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 03:08 PM   #7
Mr_Rich

Re: 700R4 First Drive and Fill Advice Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSeal View Post
I am at the point of needing to fill and (I suppose) break in my 700R4. It is a newly rebuilt unit by Jasper, zero miles currently and it is empty of fluid. Being this is a non-stock to this truck option;
A. how much fluid does this trans ideally take?
B. how should I go about adding fluid? Obviously through the dipstick, but do I add X amount of quarts, run it, then add more?

Keeping in mind the engine is broken in, but I have not run it yet with the Holley Sniper & Dual Sync.

Whats yalls experience and or insight?
Pressure test through all the gears! I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. IIRC, there is a 1/4" pipe plug on the driver's side of the trans to connect a gauge. The pressure is going to be in the range of 110-120 psi. Bowtie Overdrives sold me a trans OTC and didn't offer a guarantee until I called them with my test results. I've watched some videos online about trans builders (Brandon in SC, for one) who won't sell OTC trans unless they install them because of improper testing or parts installs not done by himself.
1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote