Thread: 1939 Chrysler
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 11:30 PM   #50
mr.mud1

Re: 1939 Chrysler

not too much to report.my 72 truck that was held up in Utah with the covid mess and not being able to go get it,arrived by car carrier a few months ago so i hadn't done anything to the Chrysler,working on getting the truck going after 25 years in storage and waiting for the sheet metal shop to make some pieces that i plan to shape into a floor. the truck is running very well now and the pieces are here for the Chrysler floor.i thought for a while about the floor and how to rebuilt it and decided,right or wrong to put the body back on the frame.the first 2 body mount locations at the body of the cowl were there,not damaged or repaired and 2 mount locations over the rear housing were rotten in the body but intact so i decided if the body was back on the frame,i could see all the mount points in the frame for body mounts,so i'll build the floor to fit and put the body mounts where they need to be.today i lifted the body up off the cradle it was on,did a bunch of welding under the body that i couldn't do while it was on it's cradle and then lowered onto the frame using 4 old rubber mounts that i saved from when i took the car apart.i do plan to pull the motor and trans from the truck,it seems to have a 100 oil leaks and build a floor for the Chrysler,so it'll be a busy,productive winter(i hope)
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote