View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 12:52 PM   #129
SCOTI

Re: Eric's 1966 Turbo 6.0 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
I will likely have to duplicate your battery mount. My turbo et al is totally in the way of everything.

Any thoughts or recommendations if you were to do it again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus79 View Post
as far as the battery mount, so far so good. Obviously it's a summer cruiser only so not worried about cables and stuff getting trashed. probably worst scenario is if It ever needed to be jump started I would be on my hands and knees....but so what?
My dually has been road worthy for >6yrs w/the battery under the truck vs in the engine compartment. It's a PITA to access if the truck is air'd out so that's something to keep in mind.

Beyond that, the worst thing is having to lie on the ground if I wanted to help jump-start someone. Easy enough on a dry day.... Not so when it's wet or worse. My 64 will also have the battery under the bed floor but I'm making access via the floor a priority as I do the floor. There's also the remote terminal pods that can be used as well but I'm going to do my best @ keeping things simple w/what's there as my first option.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote