View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 09:36 AM   #40
biketopia

Re: New 2 ME 14 Sierra SWB 5.3-6spd Hope I didn't blow it...

I was super happy with it. I sold the truck about 2 months ago after I found a smoking deal on a super clean 07 classic 2500HD. I did the cam swap/delete myself on the 08, wasn't hard at all could easily be done in a weekend. I did a small cam, a Texas Speed low lift stage 2 truck cam. Had nice power under the curve, a small idle note that was nice, but then through the stock exhaust it was super pleasant to drive down the highway. Mahle MS16124 worked great for me on the headers, and they are only 18 bucks for the pair on Amazon, I'll be using them again. Only think about the SE headers people complain about is the clamps, I got some band clamps from Napa ahead of time but ended up using some of the supplied ones too, just changed out the bolt and they seemed to hold tight for the year I drove the truck. The biggest thing that kills the DOD lifters is poor service practices, change the oil and change the air filter. GM issued a TSB years ago stating poor air filter service was a huge contributing factor in DOD lifter failure.

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote