View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 08:52 AM   #24
bigschuss

Re: Starting the interior of my '84 K5

Not everything is going well though. Had a bad window sash and tried for days to remove the glass from the metal sash...ended up busting the glass on my last attempt.

Cleaned the entire floor in preparation for POR 15. Kind of a pain as it's a 3 step process. A lot of people don't like POR 15. I used it as I was meticulous in the metal prep work, and it won't be exposed to UV light or the elements at all. Two coats...happy with how it came out. The bed had no rust issues at all, so I am just going to leave it as is.

In between the rust issues and coats of primer and paint, I added some silver exterior side moulding and a set of Bully steps to the Blazer.

And I got my radio patch panel in place. I was not confident at all in my ability to weld in the panel perfectly in place. I cut it oversized and used a few rivets to hold it in place. Then I welded the rest as best I could. Worked fine and will hold my OEM AC Delco radio I have going in.

That's all for now. Next up...sound deadening Kilmat, carpets, speakers, CB, dash, interior trim, door panels, and seats. Hoping to be on the road by June 1st.

Last edited by bigschuss; 05-04-2021 at 11:25 AM.
bigschuss is offline   Reply With Quote