View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 12:46 PM   #46
kxmotox247

Re: One Piece Floor - Any recent updates on Quality or Installation?

Thanks again guys. I appreciate the compliments. Hopefully sharing the pictures and info will help the next guy that needs to do these repairs. It seems like if you need a new floor... then you probably need everything else that I've had to do as well. I was a little disappointed that the cab mount holes were not correct for 1960-63 but GMC Pauls did take care of me on that issue.

My overall rating on this floor is that it is a very good product. Compared to the floor I did in a 67-72 this is a much better product. It's much more accurate. Maybe the tooling was starting to wear out on the 67-72 floor I got?

For ongoing reference I took a lot of measurements before I cut it apart. A lot of that was due to the issues I had with the 67-72 floor. I'd strongly suggest anyone doing this to take plenty of measurments to double check as you cut and repair. That way you know if the cab has moved.

The floor to rear wall threaded holes fit well. I didn't have to round any holes out. I had to replace the driver's side A-pillar and the holes did not line up... but I think that's a combination of aftermarket slop. I fixed that with a drill.

I had to fabricate the lower flange on the back of the cab. I wish I had seen the aftermarket one early into this. That would have made life easier. I lowered the cab over the floor and kinda felt where the repro floor was going to sit in relation to the flange. Then I marked where it would sit...raised the floor up and drilled holes for plug welding. I'd say the repro floor flange was pretty close to where the original sat.

The 'shelf' where the outer rocker sits was too high on the 67-72 floor. This floor is pretty much within 1/8" based on my measurements taken beforehand. Close enough.

The aftermarket kick panels seemed to fit the floor well. They did not on the 67-72. There was a large odd gap with the 67-72 so I paid closer attention to the fit of these. No problems. Again I usually trial fit everything a few times before actually welding stuff in. A little extra work but I didn't want to discover that later. Nobody else would notice but me...but I want it to look right.

The bolt pattern for the tunnel seems to be off a little but the tunnel for this truck is pretty beat up. I'll know more about that later. It may just need a little finese.

It sure is nice to see all that fresh metal in the truck. I contemplated painting the underside of the floor before installing it but I'll do that later since there is still welding to do. I've used rattle can bed liner before and it gives it a very nice appearance/texture. It's really nice to see the bracing removed! I made all of the bracing a bolt in deal for two reasons. I didn't want to disturb the patina up high on the truck. I also thought maybe someone else could use this bracing if they were doing the same job. The design allowed me to be able to still work in the interior while the floor was out. That was nice.

Cab corners up next. Then rockers.
Attached Images

Last edited by kxmotox247; 10-08-2022 at 12:57 PM.
kxmotox247 is offline   Reply With Quote