Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 01:18 PM   #84
CSHADES

Re: project 39

i decided on saturday morning that it was time to get back on this and solve the front end issue before proceeding on any other part. i have adjusted, pushed, pulled and gotten a bunch of free advice on what to do. after study i decided that the upper trim piece was not far enough forward, so i slotted the screw holes on radiator support and slid the trim piece ahead which straightened out a lot of the misalignment on the hood, ornament and the trim. after getting that accomplished on saturday(took most of the day) i worked on test fitting of the grille which was a new frustration. i had never had the grille installed in this shell nor had i tried it after having the grille rechromed. when they chromed the grille they tacked welded the center rear bar to the grill bars. unfortunately it didnt line up with the upper bar. i had to bend the center of the bars down to get the trim to line up. nerve racking to say the least but it finally laid where i needed it. on sunday i worked on moving the chin from the other radiator support to this one and got it tacked together. i think it looks good and now i can do some cutting and welding on the hood to get my gaps nice. then i am going to send the hinge parts and the upper trim piece out for chrome.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote