View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 07:56 AM   #9
traut811

Re: '67 C10 Raising bed floor 2"

(Disregard frame in foreground of picture below, garage is too packed full of junk.) This is my current ride height though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
Member cab4word67 raised his bed not too long ago. He might have some suggestions for you. His was a stepside though.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...postcount=2775
Thank you. I looked through his pictures and they do help. I feel like a stepside could be much easier after looking at it though.

I also wanted to note I'm going to hinge the whole center section so that throws a wrench in a couple things as well but hopefully shouldn't be bad. I'm slow, but still working on the hinge mechanism (pictured below). I will use a double bear claw latch with release to latch the back down, giving me access to my tank, pump, suspension components and vent canisters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdangle View Post
Since I'm in the middle of replacing my wood bed on a 8' Fleetside box. to raise the floor only, you could use 2" square tubing or c channel and attach it to the sides, shim up the cross pieces and then install the wood and strips to the furring. Probably could use wood also and longer bolts. Sounds like a lot of work. What about just a raised portion at the axle. Of course you loose some truck functionality, but I'm assuming you have lowered it and don't use it as a truck now. Good luck
I saw someone else use c channel and bolt it to the sides. I never really thought about that, just spacing it up basically.

It's actually still used as a "truck" if needed, which is why it doesn't have nice shiny paint on it for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
hewittca raised his bed in a pretty cool way, maybe you could do something similar but like you were saying, only a couple of inches.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=821012&page=3

Alright that wins. That's probably the most correct way to do it, and good for him on a job well done. He addressed several other modifications I am needing to do as well.

Thank you very much for this.
Attached Images

traut811 is offline   Reply With Quote