View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #90
65Custom

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

Starting to get some motivation back, so I decided to start to remove the roof panel and I thought that I would put up some pics of the process.

1 Roof panel I picked up from greg65 last year
I have had some ask about how to find spot welds so I'll put a few pics which might help some.

2 pic of the tools used
3 pic of spot welds they are not too difficult to find sometimes you can find them with your finger tips just feel for the indentations in the metal, you will feel the small dimples in the metal, but occasionally I miss one and eventually you find it when you think you got them all and it is still stuck on

4 pic of spot welds after being punched with a spring loaded punch
I usually punch them several times I found that the deeper the punch mark the better the tool holds to the center and does not walk around as much

5 pic of spot welds one which has been cut and the other one just started
if you notice the one that has been cut most of the way through you will notice some rust dust as I like to call it. when you get used to cutting them you will see a puff of the rust dust when you cut through and you will know when to stop cutting.

On the roof panel since the drip rail is visible part of the truck I am taking it a bit slower to make sure that I don't blow through the drip rail
Attached Images

My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=366677

I must be
65Custom is offline   Reply With Quote