View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #4542
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Nice tool chest/box you acquired. Looking forward to see'n the Jeep thingie at your place.
Thanks mate

So am I, looking forward to it getting here.

Free is good, must say, Scott and I go a long way back.

Bank holiday weekend over, today kicked off as expected with my boss returning after two weeks off on sick leave, with a BIG BANG

However, life does go on, and one needs to try stay ahead.

So I started to look at options for a trailer to get the Rezin Rockit down here from Scotland

Alongside paying a commercial fee through Shipley.com I would be happier to do a road trip and make it more personal, like hiring a Beavertail or something similar.

Or going for a ride with mate Fil.

Chatting to Bill at about lunch time on Messenger video, he was in a scrap yard, looking for some parts for a Mercedes Benz, and also for some spare wheel nuts as most on the Rezin Rockit are missing.

While chatting I mentioned I was hoping to find a pair of high backed seats, possibly from a crashed 1.2 Corsa with a wing on the rear, parked upside down in a ditch by an over eager young driver.

Sent a pic while we were chatting......

Next thing ha shows me a blue car with black seats.........

How about these??

Turns out its a Mazda RX8 with black interior, I ;loved them, and asked what they would cost.....?

No idea, he replied, but we can ask.

Then he turns and there is a RED CAR with black and red interior.................

Shows me this.....

And inside

Crawling around inside, looking for damage and reasons not to take them.

So we decide. that Bill will go to the yard owner and see if the front seats are for sale.

Knowing this is the state of affairs, if Red and Black is available, mostly they try sell them as a full set.

Bill went in with me in tow on video in his hand..... weird yes. Love technology

So he asked how much for the front seats and the reply was that they preferred selling the full set.

But with a smile he asked again, and was told £100.00 or $135.00 for the two.

Seemed he was enjoying this, so Bill asked if that was really their best price, to which the reply was that as a firefighter they would let him have them for £70.00

Winner !!

30 minutes later.

And less than an hour later, he had them home, and given a quick wipe down.

I am pretty chuffed that this suddenly happened today.

Moving along nicely, and we have not collected it.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote