View Single Post
Old 05-19-2002, 01:50 PM   #48
mikep
Used to have a truck

The guy with the website is able to get into the 12's because he doesnt have a hell of a lot of low end torque with those heads he is running. Its a very well balanced motor but with 320 cc intake ports and a fairly radical cam he isnt going to be building torque until he hits at least 4000 rpm .When he leaves the line he's probably getting nil for wheelspin then his power band is coming on like gangbusters on the top end. Its a lesson I learned years ago running a 351 cleveland in a 70 cougar. Those 4V ports are huge and even with a cam approximately the same as that guy is running I was running mid 12's with no wheelspin with radial TA tires. I was blowing away guys with torquey built up 383 chevies in camaros because they were smoking it off the line and losing a second or three. That truck he's got is probably miserable to drive under 30 miles an hour with those 320 cc ports though. Ive got 200 cc ports on my 68 and they are on the edge of what I would considerable streetable for a daily driver.