View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 09:32 PM   #14
chevmn

Re: Best Battery for 72 Cheyenne Super

I used to purchase the Everstart Maxx from walmart when they were made in USA by Johnson Controls. I had a few last 6-7 years. Not sure where they are now made, but the last two I purchased I purchased the cheaper WalMart economy batterys. I figure it they go 3 years, and I have to replace, I break even, and move to a new battery sooner. Not as big of a concern now that we are both retired, and not relying so heavily on starting out in the cold an hour away from home. Back then I would spend the extra for the best I could find. I would go as far as finding a bigger CCA battery if it would fit in the tray regardless of if it was recommended. It is never fun to be at work an hour away from home and find a dead battery, especially one that is a couple years old.

To answer your question, I would probably go with the $70 battery for a lot less $$ then just figure on replacing in a few years. Especially if this is not something you daily drive in severe weather. But, I try to put on a charger from time to time during off season when I will not be driving.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart...8?athbdg=L1200

Last edited by chevmn; 04-02-2024 at 09:39 PM.
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote