View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 08:12 PM   #26
gigamanx

Re: Ford Model A Tudor Modern Twist on a Classic

This is the first hurdle I've really scratched my head on. Done a bunch of research and came up with not a picture of example of how to overcome. Hoping I can get some feedback from you fine folks.

I planned and bought a 4 link rear suspension kit with panhard. After setting up the brackets, I realized the forward bracket is basically right where the seat is supposed to go. I need about 3" of clearance which puts my head basically out the top of the roof if I raise the floor that far. Problem two, the lower connecting point is below the scrub line and dangerously low for ride height.

I looked at converting the kit I bought to a ladder bar setup, so I only have to fit one bar under my butt. along the frame rail. What other options would there be to give me some clearance above and below the 4 link? I read that shortening the bars and moving the bracket back to maybe 12" is a really bad idea?

Current bars are 24" in length.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote