View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 09:20 PM   #39
gigamanx

Re: Ford Model A Tudor Modern Twist on a Classic

Haven't updated my videos, but Roger reminded me I need to update you guys.

4 link was totally removed and redone. After some input including Mongocanfly, I went back to the drawing board literally. Found a 4 link calculator to do all my measurements and calculations. I'll have some videos getting posted soon, but since this is my crew, you guys get some sneak peek photos

New 4 link design. Now has a 90 degree angle between the upper links

Working on framing the car body where the wood used to go with 1 1/2x 3/4 rectangular tubing. Fits quite nicely in the gaps. Its slow going as I'm still trying to figure out where each piece mounts to both the body and itself. I also try to design it so I can remove the frame for paint and reinsert it.

Car was completely missing steering when I bought it. Purchased a full speedway kit with Wilwood brakes. Just mocking up the vega steering box under the engine so I can check clearances and alignment. Starting to look like a real car up front there

Ebay plasma cutter going strong. Really glad I dropped the $200 on that. So much easier to cut steel than a zip disk.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 06-25-2020 at 09:29 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote